Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Day 1 Lets Play!

Apologies that it is so late in the season to start this but I do not want to wait until the start of the new tennis season. The rules have now changed in that I am now betting as opposed to trading for this challenge. For me an average week consists of both tennis trading and betting but due to working commitments I cannot do the level of trading required to complete this challenge over a realistic time period. Betting is less of an issue because I do not need to be as actively involved during games.

So, here's the deal. Every night I will be reviewing the following day's devising a list of betting selections. The next morning I will place those selections and post the results at the end of play. The majority of tennis bets will be placed using the exchanges Betfair and Betdaq but some specialty selections may be placed with bookmakers. The prices of my selections can be as short as 1.05 and as high as 10s but are usually just short of evens. Most of the selections will be individual match bets.

Ok so the first day is complete and the first P&L snapshot is ready for viewing. Just a single selection today which was Juan Carlos Ferrero to beat Maximo Gonzalez bringing in the first profit of £21.94. Looking at tomorrows fixture lists I am hoping for 2 to 3 games.

Day 1 P&L +£21.94